ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Strategic Sourcing Director – Steel, you will be instrumental in building relationships with key global metals partners and negotiating critical supply agreements to grow the Reibus marketplace. Reibus has grown exponentially, and we now have a leadership opportunity critical in managing the supply side of our business. This role is a perfect opportunity for an experienced steel executive who wants to be a part of a global fast-paced company making a meaningful impact on the metals supply chain. In this role you’ll report to our VP of Strategic Sourcing and work closely with our supply team, sales, finance, and logistics groups to develop new business. If making a difference and being part of a new way of doing business puts a smile on your face, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Expand our steel supplier base: Establish sourcing strategies to expand the Reibus marketplace value proposition.
- Negotiate deals: Execute steel supply agreements to enable opportunities to grow our market share.
- Manage strategic partnerships: Oversee strategic programs with major steel mills, service centers and distributors.
- Build key relationships: Network and build trust with key suppliers to proactively identify, monitor, and optimize opportunities
- Drive to reach win-win terms: Implement competitive supplier contracts working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration: Plan and execute sourcing goals using the OKR format and Stage Gate processes.
- Measure and report: Create reporting and metrics to measure the effectiveness of programs.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Customer focus: Resolute focus on needs of the customer above all. Views problems through the customer’s lens first, basing decisions and prioritization around their needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Applies an outcomes focused mindset and sees beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals.
- Drive and follow-through: Strong bias to action, organization and prioritization. Knowledge of what needs to be done and how to lead others to help make it happen.
- Data fluency: Highly analytical and able to look at situations from multiple vantage points to make data-driven decisions and solve real problems.
- Agility: Resourceful, resilient, and proactive in fast-paced environments. Able to seamlessly alternate between various tasks and roll with the punches when things change.
- Collaboration: Assertive with humility—able to lead change in a positive way, and always professional under pressure whether engaging with clients or colleagues.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND
- Experience and knowledge of the steel industry and its supply chain.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- Masters Degree in a related field (MBA, Engineering, etc.) PREFERRED.
- 5+ years in materials/commodity sourcing or sales in B2B or B2C roles.
- E-commerce and/or Marketplace experience is DESIRED.
You may have heard that Reibus is the fastest growing tech startup serving the industrial space with $300B market potential. Why is that?
For starters, we offer a virtuous circle of solutions for the metals industry. This includes an easy-to-use B2B marketplace, finance solutions that customers can’t get enough of, and a burgeoning logistics business already growing faster than we imagined. But what drives our success isn’t great technology, or a visionary business plan. It is our culture. We invest in our culture and realize it is what sets us apart. Visit our office and you’ll experience it for yourself.
We create an amazing place to work for our people. We solve real problems for our customers. That is why Reibus.
ASK US ABOUT:
- Our culture: The company values are at the core of today’s decisions and our vision for the future.
- Paid-to-Live policy: It’s not PTO, its PTL! Unlimited vacation, sabbaticals, reimbursements for vacation excursions, and donations to causes you volunteer for.
- The “Not-An-Employee Handbook:” Our 4-page preamble to working at Reibus is straightforward, and if you’re the right fit, inspiring.
- “Be an adult:” This oft-repeated mantra exemplifies the ownership we empower our people with.
- Lighthouse Leadership: We ask our leaders to live in the place of need, stand tall, shine a light, and be a home.
A PLACE THAT LETS YOU BE YOU.
Diversity at Reibus isn’t about checking a box or maintaining our corporate image, it stems from our commitment to creating a sense of belonging. We find and help grow individuals from all walks of life. We learn from each other’s beliefs and celebrate the differences that power our learning. We ensure fairness and respect in the way we treat our people.
To learn more about becoming part of the Reibus family by emailing us at email@example.com.